10.27.2009

nighttime.

when i can't sleep, it's usually because i don't feel well or i have a lot on my mind, or a combination of the both.
currently, i'm suffering from a little bit of both.

it's odd because at night, i often think about things that i would never think about during the day. it's as if as soon as the sun sets, my brain gives itself permission to wander into the farthest depths and think about things that really don't need to be thought about just now.
throw in not feeling the greatest and my hypochondriac tendencies and i've got a recipe for disaster.

my mind flutters away to silly things that aren't true and would never happen, but in my overly tired and flustered state seem completely sane. i try to take deep, centering breaths, listen to soothing music, watch a late night tv rerun, anything to distract my mind and help lull me to sleep. eventually i just conk out, but the time between waking and sleeping is terribly irritating.
i just need a way to quiet my thoughts (and my tummy) when all they want to do is wander and keep me awake until all hours of the late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment